Avast! Free Antivirus is the most wide-spread antispyware in real-time operating mode. It protects your computer from rootkits. The user interface is quite simple and intuitively easy to use. It provides quick access to all parameter settings and enables you to change them within a few clicks. Overall, users should not have any problems with operating this powerful software.
Key features of Avast! Free Antivirus:
- High level of detecting viruses, worms and Trojans.
- Boot time scanner.
- Scanning selected archives.
- Incoming/outgoing e-mail and messages check.
- Deep system integration. You will be able to check any file directly from Windows Explorer by clicking the right mouse button and selecting ‘Scan’.
- Quarantine isolation from the operating system. It provides great safety work. No single file that is stored in the quarantine can be started up.
- Easy-to-use even for inexperienced users interface.
- Great number of settings.
- Heuristic engine that is able to detect complicated malware.
- Not large scheduled or automatic updates of virus database (20-80 KB). You can also use a function of updating virus database ‘manually’.
- Game mode. It detects the programs working in full-screen mode and turns off pop-up messages.
- Support for Skins. The main package consists of three skins.
- Support for both 32- and 64-bite ОS.
Avast! Free Antivirus makes users work more secure due to four types of scanning: quick scan, full system scan, removable drives scan and selected directory scan. The process of scanning is pretty quick and not demanding to system resources.
The program allows you to instantly get anti-virus updates with the help of "cloud" service. Moreover, it helps your family and friends with new remote control features in their PC (Remote assistance).
Avast! Free Antivirus is free to download and it requires registration within 30 days after the first run (this can be done directly in the program interface).
Author Roman Softobase.