CCleaner removes temporary and useless files, freeing up disk space and speeding up Windows. The utility also contains a registry cleaner that enables you to delete old and unused entries.
This e-waste cleaner can automatically remove the following things: Internet Explorer cache, cookies, log files, trash, temporary files of other applications such as eMule, Google, Netscape, Toolbar, MS Office (Microsoft Office 2010 in particular), Adobe Acrobat, Nero, WinRAR, etc.
Key features of CCleaner:
- Managing all system restore points in your computer.
- Providing startup control manager. Users can remove or modify any start-up programs to speed up boot time.
- Searching for problems of missing references to invalid file extensions, type libraries, shared DLL, ActiveX and Class errors, fonts, application paths, help files, installer invalid entries, missing applications, start-up, ordering "Start" menu, MUI temporary files. It quickly eliminates errors, creating backups in advance.
- Automatic deleting entries from the Temp system folder, which stay longer than 24 hours.
- Displaying results obtained during their analysis.
- Context menu integration into the Windows Recycle Bin.
- International languages support. Over 45 language libraries are distributed in a standard packing list.
- Automatic updates checking.
While using a computer, there might be lots of traces left in the system. Luckily, now you can take the advantages of free download. CCleaner will help you to get rid of all those traces safely. The utility can also clean up files fragments and uninstall old programs. CCleaner allows you to specify what types of objects can be deleted and which can be left after the system scanning. You can also pre-analyze the data and see a report that will show you further intentions of the program.
Even though the graphical interface designed for both experienced and inexperienced users, developers have created a help system. This system is not included in the standard distribution and is not bundled with it, but it is always available for any user who is connected to the Internet.
In addition, with the help of CCleaner you can create so called "Enablings" - files chosen from the system. The program will always remove them while the system scanning, and it will also create "Exceptions", which are not affected by the system cleanup.
Apart from the files mentioned above, CCleaner filters out ‘cookies’ from the popular Internet browser or Flash-modules, which immediately enables to enter file extensions that can not be removed during analysis and cleanup.
Author Roman Softobase.