Serving the Internet users for over a decade, mIRC has turned into powerful and reliable technology.
Although it is a full-featured chat utility, its integrated scripting language makes it versatile and extensible. The language can be used both to automate the program and to create applications that perform various functions from network communications to role-playing games.
mIRC has a clean, practical and highly configurable interface. It offers all the standard IRC features, such as file transfers, customizable sounds, multi-server connections etc.
- Integrated, based on the events and commands, scripting programming language. Due to it you may get your client to automatically perform certain actions during operating some events (e.g. responding “I'm busy”, “I'll be in 5 minutes”, etc.).
- Support for multiple simultaneous server connections.
- Support for CTCP (Client To Client Protocol).
- Support for instant messaging and file sharing via DCC (XDCC).
- Protection from downloading malicious files.
- Built-in Server DCC file (fserve), which allows you to view a specific directory and download files.
- Speech recognition and synthesis with the help of third-party products.
- Support for SSL and firewall.
- Support for UTF-8.
- Full color control.
- Place-sensitive programmable pop-up menus.
- Abbreviations (a program which eliminates the need for long commands or standard phrases due to assigning abbreviations. A hot key can be assigned for any phrase).
- Built-in Ident server. It provides access to all IRC-servers, which require careful identification.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Fast connection.
- A lot of rooms for chat.
To communicate via mIRC you need to enter a network with the help of IRC-client, set up a specific channel for communication and write a message. This message will be seen by all those users who have just set up their IRC-client for this channel. So, this is not just a chat, but also a multi-user online chat. At the same time it is possible to have one-to-one discussions.
mIRC is constantly being updated with new technologies. In its recent versions it has become a lot more reliable. It can support secure connections for the people who are really concerned about their privacy and security.
Note: mIRC is a shareware program and it works for free only 30 days. If you want to download mIRC for free and continue using this program, you need to register on the website.
Author Roman Softobase.