UMPlayer - Universal Media Player - is a free cross-platform multimedia player that plays almost all multimedia formats. It has more than 270 Audio and Video codecs built-in and can handle such formats as AC3, ASF, AAC, DIVX, AVI, FLV, H.263, MOV, Matroska, MP3, MP4, OGG, MPEG, QT, RealMedia, Vorbis, VOB, WMA, WMV, WAV, XVID, and many others. It also plays audio CDs, DVDs, (S)VCDs, TV and Radio cards, SHOUTcast Radio stations, Youtube videos.
The program is packed with handy features:
- Skinable interface and adjustable hot keys.
- Customizable subtitles (font, size, position and color), built-in subtitles search and audio/subtitles synchronization.
- The ability to play damaged or incomplete files.
- Improved filter rendering.
- Video brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation adjustment.
- Playback speed control (acceleration and deceleration).
- Such built-in filters as deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise, and a karaoke filter.
- Sequential, random, repeat playback.
- Built-in YouTube player/recorder and its search box on the toolbar.
- Multi-threaded decoding for MPEG-1/2/H.264.
- OpenAL audio output support.
- Settings dialog with many options.
- Support of Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS/X, and GNU/Linux.
- Regular no-cost updates.
The interface is simple and user-friendly. Each function and its corresponding hot key are clearly marked. The hot keys are logical and easy to keep in mind. The toolbar has a rapid access to the files and web links, screenshot feature, DVD player, access to the Preferences, etc. The Skin menu contains six appearances with a link to download more ones if you wish. The Help menu has the collection of Tips & Tricks and FAQs.
Having so much features, high image quality and being light on computer resources UMPlayer can compete with VLC and other popular free media players. Last version of application with fixed various bugs and better picture quality presentation is available on our site. Just click UMPlayer download link and get it absolutely free.
Author Roman Softobase.