Windows Media Player usually plays files in the following formats: WMV (Video & Audio), WMA (Audio), и ASF (Advanced Systems Format). It supports them with the help of its own WPL (Windows Playlist) format.
WMP has the following features:
• You have the opportunity to download information about songs and cover images from the Internet or manually by using the clipboard and the built-in mp3 tag editor.
• Ability to connect, share and sync data with portable devices and game consoles.
• Playback of audio, video and images with the ability to rewind both forward and backward, accelerate and slow the playback down.
• Support for all media codecs and formats using a DirectShow filter.
• Full control of computer media content. Music and other media files can be selected by an album, artist, genre, date, etc.
• 10-band equalizer and SRS WOW audio processing system. WMP can also be complemented with special plug-ins to handle the outgoing signal.
• Mini-window mode. Due to it you can get access to all buttons which control WMP.
• Integrated support for CD writing. CD with data can contain any media file format supported by WMP.
• Quick burning and ripping.
• Adding new files automatically.
• Large choice of online stores.
What may strike you as soon as you start up the player is its brand new interface which you can customize by selecting any color you want.
Apart from its remarkable features WMP has some drawbacks. Here are a couple of them: no podcast feed support and weak portable device sync feature.
However, it should be mentioned that the player succeeds in lots of ways as a competitor for iTunes, RealPlayer, Winamp and QuickTime.
So, have a try and get free download of Windows Media Player on our website.